Wearing contact lenses remains safe even in the times of COVID-19. To avoid infections of all kinds, the same rules still apply:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Then rinse thoroughly with water and dry your hands completely.
- Point 1 also applies if you wear daily disposable lenses.
- Use the contact lens care products according to the instructions (package insert). Above all: Fill the contact lens container with fresh solution every time.
- Replace the contact lens case when you open a new pack of solution. Rinse the container with solution each time and wipe it with a clean paper towel.
- If possible, avoid wearing contact lenses when you are ill.